Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Top 5 Videos on the Internet, According to me, in no particular order.

Bobby Bottleservice's Jersey Shore Audition Tape

If you don't know at this point about Jersey Shore on MTV, then I wish I was you, and you've got a pretty good rock. But for all of its negative qualities, most of all its propensity to melt your brain like mom always said TV could, it is still pretty funny and mind blowing just how dense and stupid these people really are. That being said, GTL (Gym, Tan, Laundry) could be pure genius, I haven't decided yet. I will say this about MTV's Jersey Shore, at least its honest, it takes what's best about the Real World, stupid people acting stupidly, and gets rid of the nonsense people taking themselves seriously and trying to "find themselves". Jersey Shore is just straight up with it.. and I respect that. The best comedy, to me, is the kind that you can't quite tell if someone's joking or not, but they still make you laugh your ass off. If this guy wasn't on "The League", I'd think he was completely serious, and that's awesome. Bobby Bottleservice is the shit.



RAAAAAAAANDY

Aziz Ansari made up a comedian for last summer's "Funny People", and his character was so ridiculous, he achieved legendary proportions and scored a movie deal for himself. Basically Dane Cook (only actually funny) Randy (with 8 A's) is the most ridiculously hilarious comedian out there. I cannot get enough Randy. On Aziz's latest comedy special, he does a bit as Randy, and it's utterly preposterous, but awesome. There are two other RAAAAAAAAANDY vids - and they are all hilarious, but I had to pick one. I love you Randy... please kill Dane Cook's career for us. (us being people with triple digit IQ's)



Brokeback to the Future

The movie trailer mash-up/recut is pretty common nowadays, but this classic will always be top dog in my book, it's truly perfect. Using clips from all three films, the secret homosexual love affair between Marty McFly and Doc Brown comes alive. I've watched it at least 1000 times, and it still makes me laugh. That, my friends, is the sign of a great video. The key is the quality dialogue selection - my personal favorite is "who the hell is clara?!?", although "you wrote me a letter" is extreme quality as well.



300 Theatrical Trailer #2

This is just a straight up movie trailer, but i would argue it's the greatest movie trailer of all time. I legitimately have watched this clip 500 times. This trailer and this trailer alone is the reason I didn't really like 300 - because after this trailer, anything would be a disappointment. It has all the essential elements of a great film trailer, solid intro, great music selection (NIN the Fragile ftw), plot reveal without plot spoil, gives you a general idea of what the film is all about and leaves you wanting more. God this trailer gets me amped up. It makes me think the agoge might actually be a good idea.



TV on the Radio "Wolf Like Me" on Letterman, 9/12/06

This vid has 1.148 million views. I'm about .008 million of them. I NEVER watch Letterman, but happened to be watching it this night, and holy shit. These crazy bastards blew my mind. Bringing the effing house down. One of the coolest things I've ever seen live on TV. Look at Dave's face after it's over. He knows what just happened - his damn mind just got blown. This vid gets me going - and really, it's just incredibly bad-assed.



So that's that. A little glimpse into the mind of me and what I'm up to when I'm spending countless hours carousing the internet. I'm into funny, I'm into badass, I'm into some serious rock. That is all. Adieu.

Oh: Bonus Vid (these guys are about to blow up)
The Heavy

No comments: